Rememering Heather
Right around this time of year, every year, I get in a little funk. I know that isn't a real word. It's hard to describe, though. I'm not depressed. I'm not grumpy. I've been called preoccupied. Maybe that's it; Preoccupied. On the 12th of August, 1990 (a lifetime ago for some people), a small girl came into my home, having left the bosom of the Father to be my baby daughter, Heather. She was small, a little premature, but healthy and beautiful. She came on a Sunday. On the 9th of September, 1990 (a lifetime ago for some, but yesterday for me...), the Lord sent an angel to call Heather away from me and back to her heavenly home. It was around 2:00 a.m. The rest of us were sleeping. She left on a Sunday. The four weeks that sweet little girl was mine to hold were brief. Yet, her brief presence in my life has changed me for the rest of my life. One would think there could be no regrets in a four week long relationship, except for regrets for what might have been, ...


Hello! :)
ReplyDeleteYou haven't changed much!
ReplyDeleteSally!! I didn't know you had a blog! I'm glad I found it:) You have not changed AT ALL!!! Seriously, you look exactly the same...what is your secret??!
ReplyDeleteLook at you youngins! I didn't know you have another house you're building -- we've talked about getting a house close to the beach that we could go see my mom and let the kids play. (Too bad that beach got erased by Hurricane Ike last year...) Sorry to hear that your mom is not well.
ReplyDeleteOh my look at you two! That picture just makes me smile! :)
ReplyDelete